Here at Dos Brisas Equestrian Center, we believe in holistic approaches to healing and improving the quality of life to our horses. Val, the General Manager, is trained and certified as a licensed equine massage therapist.
Here at the ranch we offer services in Acupuncture, Massage, P3, Chiro, and Laser therapy. Become apart of a community and join our Brenham Texas Equestrian – Let’s Ride Facebook page.
Trained professionals use needles to maintain and balance the energy flows with the horse body. This holistic approach releases any tension and pressure within the horses muscular system allowing energy and blood to flow seamlessly throughout the horse.
These are common benefits from equine massage:
- Enhance muscle tone and range of motion
- Reduces inflammation/swelling in the joints
- Promotes the healing process by increasing the flow of nutrients to the muscles, and aiding in carrying away excessive fluids and toxins.
- Creates a positive effect on the contractual and release process of the muscles (releasing tension and relaxing muscles)
- Stimulates circulation by defrosting frozen muscles, which release endorphins
- Maintains the whole body in better physical condition.
Equine P3 (Electromagnetic Pulse Therapy):
P3 restores missing electrical charges to damaged cells, allowing cells to re-attain their natural electrical charge. Benefits to P3 therapy are:
- Deep muscle massage
- Injury prevention
- Relieves back and gluteal muscle soreness, joint stiffness and tendon and ligament problems
- Increases circulation
- Stimulates hoof growth
- Heals wounds and reduces scar tissue
After riding all day, horses need a little help alleviating pain too. Benefits of equine chiropractic’s:
- Resolves any difficulty bending/flexing and back or neck pain
- Resolves picking up leads at a canter
- Corrects signs of resistance such as bucking, rearing, swishing tail
- Corrects uneven gaits and any difficulty with gait transitions
- Resolves spooking, bolting, head tossing, toe dragging, rooting, rearing, and uneven shoulders or hips
Equine Laser Therapy:
Through the use of lasers (stimulated photo-biochemical cascade of events) at the cellular level, one achieves relief of pain, a reduction in inflammation and an increase in micro-circulation. This results in accelerated healing within the tissues. The major benefits to equine laser therapy is to prevent lameness and repeating injuries, especially in very active horses.